Education Support and Coordination
There are several educational services (non-infrastructure) projects which are currently underfunded and/or require additional support. This includes but is not limited to:
- Support for targeted interventions to improve literacy, numeracy and attendance in school.
- Funding nutritional programmes.
- Developing and funding of programmes targeting to the gifted and talented learners.
- Developing and funding of programmes targeting children with special needs..
- Sponsoring events, such as after school projects, field trips and competitions.
- Providing monetary assistance to purchase books for schools and libraries.
The Education Projects Co-ordination Unit has responsibility for supporting and coordinating these types of education projects and its functions include:
- Conducting Needs Assessment & Preparing Technical Assistance Plan.
- Co-ordinating the Implementation of the Technical Assistance Plan.
- Monitoring and reporting on education projects to key stakeholders.
Our team ensures that projects and/or initiatives are aligned with the strategic priorities of the Ministry of Education.