Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is a critical component of the activities of National Education Trust (NET) and allows NET to forge partnerships for the development of the education sector in Jamaica. We recognise that philanthropy is a voluntary activity which flourishes in an environment of trust and respect. To ensure that the required atmosphere is created and maintained, the Board of Directors of NET has approved a Donor Bill of Rights.
We commit to you our Donor that:
- You will be informed of NET’s mission and priorities.
- You will be informed of the approach used by NET in allocating donated resources and of the beneficiaries of those donated resources.
- NET will use donations for the intended purposes.
- You will be informed of NET’s stewardship.
- The Board of Directors and Management of NET will exercise prudent judgment in carrying out the affairs of the company.
- You will have access to our most recent audited financial statements.
- You will receive reports of project activities.
- Where circumstances require that donated resources be re-directed, such redirection will only be done with your consent.
- You will receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition. Where public recognition is contemplated your consent must be granted.
- NET will exercise the highest level of confidentiality, provided by law, with respect to your donations and their use.
- You will be treated with the highest level of professionalism.
- Your contact information will not be shared without your expressed consent.
- NET will provide prompt and accurate responses to your questions.